welcome ladies and ladies (i would really love to insert gentleman right there, BUT to my knowledge we are still lacking a sassafras LAD blog reader......IF you are reading this mr. secret sassafras fan, please don't be shy.....we would all love to meet you!)
ok, back to welcome ladies =) this is a week for you to pull out the bits and pieces of sassafras products you love, but have been holding on to for just the right moment. this weeks challenge hosted by sweet sassafras super marla kress is going to give you just the motivation you need to combine your love of crafting, with your love of sassafras goodies, and make a darling sentiment for someone you love.... perfect! at the end of the week you will be smiling for a few very good reasons,
1. you crafted, which equals happiness.
2. you will make someone you love feel loved, which equals happiness.
3. you will have used some of your sassafras stash, which makes room for new products, which equals happiness.
4. you could be one of the lucky "we heart you" winners (announced friday), which equals happiness.
supplies in hand? motivation sparked? good, you are ready for the official challenge.
take it away marla....
Challenge:In honor of Valentine's Day, LOVE the old and make room for new! Use what you have in your existing Sassafras stash to create something for the person(s) you love (and then reward yourself with some new product)!
today's example and inspiration:
"Why buy a box of Valentine's when you can make your own! This is where my leftover Paper Whimsies came in handy. My gal selected an animal theme for the Valentine's this year which went perfectly with the stamps that I had on hand. I stamped four different animals onto white cardstock and cut them out. I adhered them onto the cards that were already decorated (so easy), added some punched hearts, and hand wrote my sentiment. I backed the cards onto pattern paper and finished the back with the rest of my message and an extra heart. It was that easy and my gal can't wait to hand them out to all of her little friends!"
marla's product picks:
"jungle pals" clear stamps, available at twopeasinabucket.com
"flower child" paper whimsies cards, available now at amillionlittlethings.com
marla's darling gal and today's inspiration to start this weeks challenge....
there are two ways to win a bundle of sassafras sweets this week:
1. post a comment during the week with a link to your challenge creations. we'll pick a project to spotlight on the blog, and send you a box of sass splendor because........ we heart you.
2. leave a comment answering the question of the day. a random winner will be picked on friday from all comments posted during the week.
today's challenge question:
in one sentence tell us what is the number one thing you LOVE about scrapbooking and/or paper crafting? i know one sentence might be a challenge in and of itself, but i like the idea of a challenge within a challenge =)
i can't wait to see what loveliness you create for the loves in your life! see you tomorrow with more LOVE to share.